Top Viewed Articles
How To Be What You Want To Be
When I was young, I had a strong dislike for the subject Economics. However, one thing that subject taught me was “human wants are unlimited”. They actually used to call it a vicious circle. But how often have we worked very hard for a desired result, that promotion at work, or that pair of awesome stilettos? That vacation you’ve been longing for or acknowledgement for the hard work you have put in? While reading this, if you thought of something, then here is how you could get it.
- Make a list. Write an extensive list of everything you want. Could be anything, from trivial things like pani puri to something that would take time, like a house or a car. It has to be something you really want at that moment.
- Be specific about what you want. Like, instead of ‘good marks in exams’, write down subject-wise marks you want to get.
- Keep that list somewhere you can read it everyday. It could be on the mirror of your room, or in your bathroom or you can keep it as a reminder on your cell phone! Do whatever that reminds what you want.
- Work for it. So you write down the marks, but then, if you go ahead and spend your time playing games on your PlayStation, you got it all wrong. You need to get your lazy self out of the couch and start working towards it. You’ll not only get nearer to the goal, but also realise that journey can also be as beautiful as the destination!
- Be patient and accept what comes towards you. All hiccups you get on the way to your goal, are not failures. They are mere setbacks. One of my all time favourite lines is “Whatever does not kill you, makes you stronger”. And trust me, you are much stronger than you think you are.
So, go ahead, go get what you want, and let us know your experiences.
Student. Can be reached on nirwamehta at gmail dot com